Job Title: Assembly II - Mechanic
Shift: 1st Shift
Hourly Rate: $16.50
As an Assembler II, you will work on an assembly line or in an assembly station and safely perform all necessary functions to ensure a quality product is delivered in a timely manner.
JOB DUTIES (INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Operate DC electric, pneumatic, and manual torque wrenches
- Operate hydraulic press tooling
- Operate overhead cranes for lifting heavy parts and assemblies
- Put mechanical assemblies together using a variety of fastener types
- Connect hydraulic hoses and route them through specific points
- Connect electrical connections and route them through specific points
- Pick multiple parts from multiple different storage locations in a manner to support your next build
- Follow standard work, both visual and written instructions to ensure product is built to meet engineering requirements
- Inspect your own work for errors
- Drive continuous improvement ideas related to safety, quality and efficiency with peers and support teams.
- Drive corrective action for repeat defects created from your process groups
- Participate in daily communication dialogues with team, counterparts, and management
- Use designated test equipment to validate machine builds
- Ability to climb up and down work platforms multiple times daily
- Ability to stand, walk, squat and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- 1-3 years of previous experience with:
- Mechanical work supporting the job duties listed.
- Large manufacturing assembly experience.
- Manufacturing Execution System or similar software detailing work instructions.
- Mark and torque process on fasteners.
- Using overhead cranes to manipulate parts.
- In lieu of work experience demonstrated high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow written and visual work instructions, with little to no direction.
- Incumbent will be required to successfully complete a basic mechanical aptitude test in the second week of training to continue employment
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic connections.
- Basic knowledge of electrical connections.
- Basic knowledge of common assembly tools such as run-down guns, torque wrenches, backup wrenches, zip tie guns, other various hand tools and hydraulic presses
- Strong commitment to Safety and Teamwork
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Great attitude
- Please notify your supervisor if you are interested in applying for the position.
- Complete your application through [email protected]/careers before the closing date to be officially considered
- All applicants will be reviewed and screened based on the above requirements
- Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
- This position is full time with full benefits including 401K with 6% company match.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.