WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division currently has an opening for a Services Account Manager located in Houston, Texas. As a Services Account Manager at Caterpillar, you will craft customer specific services and collaborate with our targeted/corporate account business leaders to deliver profitable services for our customers as well as Caterpillar through sound business practices.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain effective service business relationships with major customers to deliver value added customer services and profitable service business for Caterpillar
* Develop and execute account strategies for specified accounts
* Establish C-Suite relationships with business decision makers to identify business needs and customer goals to be addressed
* Develop and implement market strategies for target industries to address new trends emerging in the marketplace as well as securing commitment of Caterpillar and Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction
* Act as a consultant to various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that leading industry customers will be adopting in the future
* Provide leadership and direction to dealers and districts on the subject of services sales and service support of product to “target account” customers
* Travel in the field to assure high quality service, lead change where necessary, and resolve issues regarding customer satisfaction and future product needs. This position makes regular visits to job locations, foreign and domestic, to provide advice and counsel to potential customers.
* Develop product support and other types of program planning for assigned customers
* Take steps necessary to assure product health in order to maintain and enhance sales growth
* Communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations
* Lead the thinking of people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences to get a business result
* Requires extensive travel (50% or more) and must understand regional or worldwide business conditions
* Works independently, is highly results oriented, and is broadly subject to functional policies and ultimate goals
* Manages the compliance of its own assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment