This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Enterprise Capacity Planning organization is in need of a talented, motivated, and experienced Program Lead to drive transformational change in the area of Manufacturing and Supply Chain Capacity Planning, applying data analytics, financial modeling, and sound fundamentals to help client business units deliver associated OPACC results. This role provides a great opportunity to work across the matrix in all segments of the company with dozens of Prime Product and Component Groups that touch the 100 Caterpillar manufacturing sites around the globe.
* Facilitate Product Group workshops to supplement the long term forecasting process to drive credible, optimized peak capacity plans that allow for future growth, yet maintain a keen eye on the flexibility and competitiveness of the cost structure.
* Collaborate with Prime Product Groups to identify target capacity utilization for their business, identify action plans to achieve these results, and use the tools available to assess and put those plans into action.
* Facilitate Enterprise Component (ECCP) capacity planning workshops with internal component manufacturing facilities.
* Leverage Value Stream Capacity analysis to perform an enterprise perspective on capacity across all demand streams, to assess mix, and determine the overall chance of running out of capacity.
* Leverage applicable financial inputs to assess cost/unit cost risk for component facilities.
* Provide expertise and flexible problem solving with Business Unit clients to address the most pressing capacity planning and related strategic issues facing their business. Apply the EPP Analytics tools set to deliver optimal value for the clients.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, other technical degree, or finance
* Minimum of 5 years of experience leading project teams, problem solving, and delivering financial value
* 3+ years of experience in manufacturing cost projects, Lean methodologies or factory flow concepts
* Strong business acumen being able to apply financial/accounting principles to project work
* Experience with data analysis and statistics
* Strong communication skills and experience presenting to various levels of audiences
* The location for this position is East Peoria, IL
* Relocation assistance is available for this position
* This position may require up to 25% travel
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.