Job Title: Senior Information Technology Analyst – Technical Infrastructure
Extensive Benefits Package to include: Paid annual leave, Bonus, CAT Advantage scheme, Pension, Share Scheme
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As a Senior IT Analyst working within the Global Collaboration and Communication team, you will have an opportunity to work internationally with cutting edge technology leveraging Microsoft Teams and be responsible for designing and supporting highly available enterprise voice and video services. You will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment supporting a broad set of communication technologies. We’re looking for a voice professional with comprehensive expertise in planning, design, development, and implementation of voice communication solutions.
If you are an expert with superior skills and a passion for using technology to solve business challenges, this role is for you.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Competent to perform project management and development/deployment assignments without close management; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
• Acts as a regional leader for development and support groups; provides VoIP technology leadership guidance, and assistance with other team members;
• Works directly on complex technical problem identification and resolution, may occasionally work a non-standard schedule including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Works independently on complex VoIP technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems;
• Deploys or integrates VoIP technology components based on requirements gathered from customers;
• Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
• Fully knowledgeable of the relevant program design and specification development, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, internal systems and cross platform VoIP components; can provide training on these topics for others;
• Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions;
• Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
• Integrates processes across functional organizations.
• Partner with peers and customers to interpret the requirements to provide business solutions
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Relevant degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience
• Knowledgeable of computing hardware and software; infrastructure elements, and current development processes and tools
• Extensive progressively responsible experience in Internet Protocol Telephony (IPT) or VoIP services
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Cisco knowledge and experience
• Cloud based communication solutions
• IP networking (LAN/WAN)
• Microsoft Office 365 Voice
• Project management
• Session Border Controllers (SBC)
• Vendor Management
• Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures, and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.