Marine Application & Installation Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lafayette, IN, United States
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2020
Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an opening for a Marine Application & Installation Engineer, located in Griffin, Georgia preferably, Houston, TX and Lafayette, IN will also be considered. In this role, you will support primarily our C9.3 – C32 series marine engines in the various applications but will also have support responsibilities for the complete Marine product line including displays and controls.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise and pre-sales support for Caterpillar branded marine diesel engines to our global dealer network and customers
- Work with various levels of industry partners, including dealers, shipyards, operators, and owners to successfully apply diesel engines in the many varied vessel applications
- Ensure a product’s technical specifications and capabilities are communicated to the sales force, and provide technical assistance as needed to enable the sale and installation of Caterpillar marine products
- Serve as a subject matter expert to support NPI product development efforts by providing critical customer input on market requirements
- Work with the NPI team to optimize the product for the most cost effective installation for our customers
- Develop and maintain application and installation manuals, price list creations/revisions, technical communications
- Prepare and conduct product and application training for dealers and end customers as well as assisting customers and dealers with complex or unique applications
- Serve as the expert in both Cat Marine products and customer applications of those products
- Up to 25% travel will be required globally to support specific sales opportunities, deliver dealer training, support industry trade shows, conduct installation audits, and troubleshoot field issues up to and including commissioning activities
- Bachelor degree (or
equivalent) in an accredited marine, mechanical or electrical engineering or
- 5+ years relevant
engineering work experience
- 2 year degree with 10+ years experience
- Understanding of
Caterpillar engine product structure
- Experience with design
and/or application of engine and/or generator products
Top Candidates Will Have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Communication
skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in
dealer/customer facing positions.
- Pro/e and Teamcenter
- SAP experience
- Engine system experience
such as working knowledge of cooling, lubrication, fuel, air and exhaust systems
in stationary or marine applications
- Marine industry or dealer power systems experience in a technical support
- Electrical system and controls knowledge
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
is located in Griffin, GA, Houston, TX or Lafayette, IN
assistance is available for this position.
- This position
will close Monday, August 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.