This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 4, 2020
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will develop the strategy, plans, cost, and coordinate the technical input for bids and proposals for predominantly Draglines and Electric Rope Shovels in Expanded Mining Products. You will also provide project management support related to operations, purchasing, design, engineering, and accounting.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Understand, evaluate, and influence customer requirements and specifications to best meet customer needs and maintain Caterpillar's competitive advantage
* Develop relationships and collaborate with engineering, marketing, dealers, customers, and suppliers
* Monitor and evaluate supplier quality
* Mentor, coach, and develop others in the Electric Rope Shovel and Dragline product group
* Develop strategy, plans, costs, and coordinate technical input for the most complex bids/proposals
* Implement/manage project plans
* Support process improvement initiatives through lean methodologies
* Maintain knowledge of new techniques
* Perform product and process maintenance
* Bachelors of degree in Engineering from an accredited University
* In lieu of a degree, 9+ years of progressive experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, or field support of large mining products.
Top Candidates will also have:
* 5+ years prior experience in field assignments
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Demonstrated ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments.
* Full understanding of Dragline products, applications, systems, and parts.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers