Job Title: Senior Engineer - Electronics Application & Integration
Salary: £47,689 - £52,457.90 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discount Website
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not provided for this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As part of the Service & Customer Support group within ISPD, the Global Applications Support team are responsible for providing electronic, electrical and control systems integration support to our regional A&I teams, 3rd party OEM’s, CAT dealers and Perkins distributors. This support extends across multiple sectors including Industrial, Agriculture and EP for both CAT and Perkins brand 0.5 to 18 litre engine platforms.
This technical leadership position offers the successful applicant an excellent opportunity to undertake NPI leadership combined with regular customer interaction. It can be considered an excellent opportunity to develop deep technical leadership skills in preparation for future technical leadership or commercial roles.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
This specialist team works closely with IPSD product groups and engineering teams to define, develop and apply
advanced technologies (Application Layer Software) for the control of our engines in customer machine installations.
This this role will be integral in supporting the successful delivery of engine control system integration into OEM machines, across all platforms / emissions tiers and representing the customer internally during NPI programme. In addition, you will be expected to provide deep technical expertise, guidance and leadership to Regional Applications Engineering teams, CAT dealers and Perkins distributors on controls related issues.
• Capturing customer and market sector technical requirements, translating Voice of Customer into internal Functional Requirements and supporting their development into standard or bespoke product offerings
• Lead applications engineering input to NPI programs through Gateways 2-6 to ensure customer electronic requirements are successfully represented in product design and development activities
• Provide expertise through Technical Sales Support to global sales teams in support of key business opportunities.
• Facilitate the creation of NPI supporting material, including A&I manuals, test procedures, wiring schematics, functional requirements documentation, customer New Option Requests (NORF’s)
• Providing technical leadership and guidance to customers, dealers and distributors on complex electrical and control system integration into new machine products.
• Ability to work as part of a project team or individual contributor to analyse complex technical data and apply solid engineering techniques to solve complex problems and make sound recommendations.
• Support for successful completion of engine-in-machine electronic and control system appraisal testing, including planning, coordination, test and reporting activities prior to customer job 1 date.
• Preparation and delivery of technical training to internal and external customers
• Partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between business units and other cross functional teams
• Providing technical leadership, coaching and support for global applications engineering teams (APAC, EAME, America’s) to build capability and resolve complex technical problems.
• Key roles and responsibilities