This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2020
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will have the responsibility for supporting LWM customer orders, New Product Introduction programs (NPI), Continuous Product Quality Improvement programs (CPI), cost reductions in the areas of Longwall Mining Shearer configuration, design, integration and development. You will be responsible for receiving technical specifications, updating designs of resulting parts and groups, presenting in engineering reviews, iterating based on Project lead feedback and validation results. You will also participate in virtual assembly audits and support factory introductions. You will collaborate with multiple areas of engineering, operations and purchasing around the globe. You will continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
* Responsible for Electrical Systems design, Produce Manufacturing Drawings, Create Bills of Material, Effect and Control Change, Create Wiring / Schematic Diagrams.
* Deals with certification standards, machine compliance reviews related to Electrical system and components.
* Prepares concept, design, and development and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects.
* Receiving and taking direction from Longwall project teams for technical specifications and project expectations
* Supporting the Longwall Mining (LWM) business objectives through the delivery of designs on time/cost
* Utilizing key product development processes (APQP, FMEA, etc.) inherent in New Product Introduction programs (NPI), Continuous Product Quality Improvement programs (CPI)
* Following and updating designs through build, test and validation processes
* Collaborating with global operations, purchasing and the supply base to meet product and design cost targets
* Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
* Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field-test locations to evaluate a product improvement
* Providing a supportive work environment for the team
* Coaching and developing others
* Support Manufacturing, Active Participant in Design Reviews and Carry Out Testing
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an accredited Electrical Engineering or Mining Engineering curriculum with 10-12 years of relevant work experience in Mining Products.
* Longwall Coal Mining Product experience is preferred.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Problem resolution / trouble shooting.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Proven team leadership skills
* Good understanding of mining regulations and experience in dealing with equipment certification.
* Keen in learning and enhancing technical skills for future divisional need.
* Experience with SAP systems.
Master degree in an electrical Engineering, or Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
Pro/E -Creo Experience