This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2020
Sustainment Engineering spans multiple technical areas such as engineering and logistics investigations/analyses to ensure continued supply and maintenance of a parts with managed (i.e., known) risk. The Sustainment Engineer is responsible for planning and development-cycle of creative and cost-effective life-extension solutions to assure source of supply. The life-extension solution may encompass designing out end-of-life/obsolete piece parts, re-design of components to extend the life of legacy system, supplier selection & re-sourcing, and may involve defining repair options of older parts.
· Responsible for Sustaining Legacy Electronics components for CAT Products
· Manage component portfolio, understand the Electronics components – Technical & Commercial, Develop Platform & Product road-map and Sustainment plans.
· Need to fully understand the current and projected obsolescence, develop redesign and validation strategy to address obsolescence issues proactively.
· Come up with proposals for re-design, consolidation opportunities, migration opportunities proactively.
· Resolve part shortages due to obsolescence.
· Create and document test plans & results.
· Monitor Product quality and identify quality improvements opportunities.
· Identify and execute cost reduction opportunities.
· Understand the system/ application use.
· Evaluate supply risk and develop supplier strategy.
· Grow to provide technical leadership.
· Work closely with process partners / suppliers overseas to gain knowledge and deliver design changes independently
· Responsible for timely print mark-up, advanced prints and on-time releases.
Background / Experience (In Years):
· Engineering Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics
· 3 - 5 Years of relevant experience in managing component portfolio / design of Electro-mechanical components / sensors
· Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong customer focus and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
· Need to be self-motivated and team player
· Must be willing to work in US shift timing to have enough overlap with US-based process partners and product groups
· Knowledge of CAT engineering systems (EDS/HVC/Team Center/Creo)
· Project lead, program management, and facilitation skills
· Component/system/machine design experience
· SIS Web experience
· Familiarity with CAT NPI process
· Knowledge on RoHS, IEC, ISO, EMI/EMC
· Proficiency to use Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Function generator.