Welder - 3rd Shift (Pontiac, Illinois)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pontiac, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Production Welder for the Pontiac Facility!
Primary objective of this is position is to operate or tend welding machines that join or bond together components to fabricate products and assemblies, according to specifications and blueprints using specifically stainless steel and other industry used alloys.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Follows set-up guidelines and procedures to assemble and tack weld unit by using various tools such as drop chains, chain hoist, metal shims, wedges, lifting lugs, “C” clamps, bar clamps, com-a-long, cutting torch, grinder, tape measure, fixtures, and weld gauges
- Sets the weld machine to correct setting for the weld application. Welds unit according to print specifications following guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate safe job procedures which include but are not limited to: Personal Protective Equipment, Uniform Care, Weld Fume Extraction, Fall Protection and the use of Lifting Devices
- Ability to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gauges and other measuring tools
- Ability to perform routine maintenance such as wire and/or nozzle tip changes
- Ability to perform in station repair on defective welds utilizing air arc process, grinders, etc
- Ability to rotate to a variety of positions within the functional work area
- Ability to use lifting devices for objects weighing more than 35 lbs
- Demonstrate ability to keep the work environment in clean and orderly condition
- Possess a welding certification or minimum 6 months of MIG and/or TIG welding experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Beginner level of proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and layout weld stations to produce defect free work
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or approved personnel
- This position is on 3rd shift consisting of four 10 hour shifts
- Hours: 8:30 PM - 6:30 AM, Sunday - Thursday
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.