At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Regional Inventory Management Analyst in Grimbergen.
Product Support and Logistics Division We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As Regional IM Analyst, your primary role will be delivering superior parts service and inventory performance for the EAME region. These areas focus primarily on Demand Management, Service, Cost Analysis and Strategic inventory stocking decisions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Manage Caterpillar’s service parts inventory within the European, African and Middle East (EAME) region and achieve high levels of service parts availability, which directly impacts dealer and end customer satisfaction with Caterpillar product support.
• Review and monitor Inventory Management performance for the EAME region and align activities to support market demands.
• Driving improvements to service and inventory by optimizing planning processes, long range forecasting and other IM activities
• Perform work to support supply chain performance targets focused on Service, OTIL, CCPA and Inventory Turns;
• Reviewing, analyzing, reporting and actioning reasons for low parts availability utilizing MS Office, PC-SAS, Mainframe solutions and SAP SPM, Tableau, BobJ and other systems.
• Utilizing PC-SAS to gather data from multiple data sources to perform complex data analysis, make conclusions and recommendations.
• Executing daily, weekly and monthly processes to support reaching the supply chain performance targets.
• Performing ad hoc analysis on inventory and availability issues
• Working effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply the supply chain logistics process and leading team efforts to develop a lean parts distribution network.
• Support internal process partners in areas of root causes to schedule variability, backorders and service loss.
• Collaborating with facility LCM’s to address space, velocity and availability issues.
• Collaborating with dealer facing teams, dealers and product groups on strategic service growth initiatives, demand planning and service parts availability initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Experience with MS-Office applications
- Experience with coding/programming utilizing PC-SAS, SQL, or equivalent data analytics software packages
- Experience in the development and deployment of supply chain processes
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering
- Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst or Engineer
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex topics to all levels of leadership.
- A background in Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
- Leadership skills to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong people focus and fulfilling the responsibilities for leading people
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to drive common supply chain processes across multiple departments within a business division
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and solid product knowledge
- Ability to design and deploy lean systems in a highly productive environment with minimal disruption to daily requirements
- Experience and knowledge about CPS supply chain principles, specifically those applied to pull replenishment using material replenishment tools and processes, Supply Chain Planning analytical tools, material flow and throughput efficiency
- Strong understanding and previous experience using common supply chain systems
- APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification
This position does not offer relocation
This position requires 10% or less travel.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring
individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which
can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals -
including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are
encouraged to apply.