This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Champaign, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives. Our products have evolved from simple mechanical workhorses to sophisticated, electronically controlled work-site solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has provided a wealth of Big Data that is mined and analyzed across various segments such as product development, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales and customer support.
Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data, analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams, and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers. Come join a world class organization and play a key role in Caterpillar’s digital transformation.
Cat Digital’s IoT Analytics team is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to lead a team to analyze Cat IoT connected asset sensor data with machine learning and deep learning techniques to know our customers better and deliver powerful market and product development insights. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will develop and deliver analytics models, lead collaboration with process partners to define requirements, coach team members on deep product and data understanding, lead project execution, and champion focused adoption of IoT data-driven decision making for the enterprise.
· MS degree in Engineering or Data Science (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Agricultural, or related fields) with strong focus on numerical techniques, modeling, data analysis, etc.
· 3 years of industry experience processing time-series machine sensor data or other IoT data
· 2 years of industry experience in project management
· 2 years of project experience developing solutions in Python
Top Candidates Will Also Have
· At least 5 years of industry experience in design, system tuning, or validation of off-road machinery
· Understanding of complex electro-mechanical systems (engines, drivetrain, hydraulics, controls, structures, etc.)
· Good understanding and, preferably, development experience applying Machine Learning including Deep Learning methods
· Good understanding and, preferably, development experience within Agile process
· Practical knowledge of Cloud computing and software development for cloud environment
· Experience using machine sensor telematics data to solve product problems
· Strong technical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Works well in team environment
is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work
we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.