MDM Senior Engineer, Cat Digital
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2020
At Caterpillar Digital, we are working to put together the Digital platform for delivering industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for Caterpillar, dealers & our end customers. The Senior Data Specialist will play a key role in improving the visibility, trust and value of enterprise data assets in the Cat Digital Platform. Come join us in this exciting journey and be part of the world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation
The Senior Data Specialist will work as part of the team delivering the design and execution of efficient master data solutions and processes as part of the Data Platform team. This will include the processes, technology, and tools to automate cleansing, standardizing, enriching, matching, and integrating master data in the Cat Digital Helios platform. The data will be pulled from multiple data sources into an object orientated data platform leveraging AWS technologies. Key areas of focus will include customer and equipment master data sets.
This role will be responsible for designing and maintaining data engineering solutions and processes to enable data mastering, governance, and standardization.
- Actively engage in MDM discovery and design with key business stakeholders, architects and project team to define requirements and solution(s)
- Translate business requirements from master data owners and stewards
- Develop engineering requirements to build out required master data capabilities
- Develop understanding of Caterpillar master data domains and their integration points
- Ensure compliance with the latest data standards supported by the company, and brand, legal, information security (data security and privacy compliance).
- Drives alignment and coordination of data governance efforts
- Contributes to policies, procedures, and standards as well as technical requirements
- Understand and evaluate business requirements that impact the Caterpillar enterprise, dealership partners, and other internal and external customers.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of experience in data management (data design, data quality, metadata, governance, etc.)
- 2 or more years of software development experienc.
- Experience with AWS technologies for data processing and persistence (S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, etc) including associated certifications
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with Object Oriented Concepts/Development/Modeling
- Understand current industry best practices for MDM solutions
- Strong business acumen and/or business analyst experience to translate business goals into technical requirements especially related to customer and equipment data
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle across traditional data warehouses, relational databases, operational data stores, business intelligence reporting, and big data analytics.
- Strong understanding of data governance, metadata management, data quality, data modeling, and data architecture concepts
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where digital is still evolving as a core offering