This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2020
Provide technical support and enhancements to existing applications. Work with more experienced applications team members in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems. Integrate purchased solutions with existing systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities vary, but may include various combinations of the following duties.
1. Provides application development and/or support, including problem identification and resolution.
2. Follows established development and support processes, including but not limited to, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or related methodologies.
3. Works with business partners to gather requirements for technical solutions and troubleshoots system related issues.
4. Performs basic configuration, implementation and upgrades of existing systems under general supervision.
5. Provides support and input to projects, including task planning and execution.
6. Works within well-defined objectives and instructions from systems staff for use in designing, testing and documentation.
7. Works to automate tasks and processes with scripting and automation tools.
8. Strives to meet the quality standards set forth by management.
9. Ensures availability when necessary for off-shift and weekend support functions.
10. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
11. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply SDLC, ITSM or related methodologies.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and participate on one or more projects.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of one or more programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. Java, .NET, SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell, Bash, etc.).
6. Ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
7. Ability to gain a general understanding of core business procedures and operations.
8. Ability to troubleshoot and recommend process changes that improve the overall implementation, maintenance and support of applications.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply basic math and data analysis skills.
A 4-year college or university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.