WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Industrial Power Systems Division currently has an opening for an Engineering Project Team Leader on the Core Engine Systems & Components team located in Mossville, IL. In this role, you will be the technical leader and key contributor for all aspects of concept, design, and development of Connecting Rods and Bearing components and systems for all of IPSD-Large engine platforms C7.2 – C18. There will also be additional responsibilities and leadership opportunities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead the design and development of connecting rods and bearings, and potentially other core engine components & systems
* Engage closely with suppliers on concurrent product and process design and the deployment of capital to achieve our quality, delivery, and financial objectives
* Lead the effort develop and maintain a connecting rod and bearing component/system strategy for all platforms
* Work closely with the L4 platform teams to achieve their goals and keep them abreast of progress and any developments
* Provide leadership for maintenance activities such as factory and customer problem resolution, cost reduction and robustness improvement projects
* Depending on the capabilities of the candidate selected, this role will also have the opportunity to lead important strategic initiatives for the Core Engine Components Team
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering
* 8+ years of engineering experience (design, simulation, validation, etc.)
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* HD Diesel engine experience – ideally with connecting rods and bearings or rotating components
* Familiarity with manufacturing processes like forging and machining
* Simulation led design experience using tools such as FEA, CFD
* Ability to manage and implement project ideas is essential
* Team leadership skills, cultural sensitivity, global perspective, cost-value awareness, enterprise level thinking, and strong communication skills are some of the key characteristics expected at this level
* Good interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Business/finance skills used to define business cases and prioritize and manage portfolios of work based on business impact (Risk Vs. IRR, NPV, OPACC etc.)
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.