This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Scope and responsibilities:
This role will be responsible for CRDC training (general and technical), employee development and communication.
Training and development:
1. Plan and manage annual training programs & budget. Perform needs analysis and define objectives, execute training plans to better satisfy the business strategy and engineering team’s diversified’ learning needs
2. Create a positive learning environment through diversified learning channels / medias to meet employees' self-improvement needs. Create opportunities and encourage cross functional knowledge / skills sharing.
3. Design and facilitate in-depth learning programs or group discussions; evaluate programs effectiveness and take action to make improvement.
4. Lead / manage Engineering talent development programs, such as Job Rotation, SWAP, identify resources and manage technical training
5. Coordinate Divisional Career Planning Process, follow up with engineering leaders on team members’ Individual Development Plan.
6. Coordinate Division Employee Insights Survey process and action plans, follow-up with engineering managers to build an engaged work environment.
7. Support corporate, division and regional required learning programs (including online learning) and follow up with teams to ensure compliance
8. Build productive relationship with partnering universities to ensure strong engineering talent pipelines.
9. Responsible for preparation of Divisional Leadership Summit and other leadership development program.
10. Acting as resources to HR and others regarding in talent review, employee development framework and tools.
1. Support Caterpillar China R&D Center management team to establish and maintain a productive working environment with effective communication channels and contents.
2. Assist GM and facility management team to draft varies communication materials, including facility introduction, all employee meeting, regular communications on lean, innovation and Caterpillar culture.
3. Cascade corporate, Division and regional communication initiatives on Caterpillar culture, value and strategy rollout.
4. Provide communication support on branding initiatives of CRDC internally and externally.
5. Define integrated communication strategy based on Division strategy and business plan as well as needs of all co-located business units in CRDC.
6. Design and implement communication programs by carrying out annual and quarterly communication based on Division and facility management expectation.
7. Utilize internal surveys and appropriate tools to measure the communication effectiveness, refine communication strategy / plans accordingly.
The position will be assisted by 1 or 2 professional employees where some review of subordinate work is required as well as training, developing and coaching. The position is responsible for all daily supervision and performance evaluation of the subordinates.
The position's primary customers are internal. Typically employees of different Divisions in the facility. The position is challenged to identify problems and response quickly and correctly. The incumbent generally resolves issues by following defined guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past. The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Employee Engagement, etc. The position works to develop innovative processes or methods / tools and best use resources or technology in meeting the quality goals.
This position has extensive (weekly) communication with corporate & division learning, communication, engineering development team members. This position also has frequent collaboration with Caterpillar China learning and communication communities.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent education background, with 5+ years’ work experience in the field of MNC business communication and training.
2. With team management experience, and familiar with HR functions.
3. Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
4. Capable of training program design and course development. Excellent facilitation skills.
5. Can work independently and collaboratively; able to handle uncertainty, adaptable and flexible to changing requirement
6. Able to prioritize tasks when dealing with multiple projects and unbalanced workloads.
7. Excellent interpersonal and listening / influencing skills to establish trust, credibility at all levels of the organization.
8. Master MS software such as Office 365: Outlook, Teams, PPT and be a quick learner of the new office tools / technology.