At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as an IT Architect or Technology Specialist.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Caterpillar’s Product Support & Logistics Division – Logistics Information Services (LIS) has an opening for a Enterprise Architecture / Technology Specialist. This position will plan, budget, analyze, design, implement, upgrade, test, troubleshoot, and support new technology that supports PSLD Transformation and enterprise Services Growth Strategy. In addition, the position may support components of our virtual server farm and network attached storage infrastructure currently located in a Caterpillar datacenter and remote site servers located at 20 Parts Distribution and Integrated Logistics facilities in North America plus site implementations in Queensland, Australia and Bangalore, India. This position will work with facility planners, facility engineeers, application teams, file share owners, infrastructure support teams, local Site IT Contacts, suppliers, and site management and security to deliver and support secure systems solutions. This position will collaborate extensively with Parts Distribution and Integrated Logistics experts, LIS IT Infrastructure, LIS application teams, GIS IT Infrastructure, IT Security, and Enterprise Architects.
Travel may occasionally be required. Off-shift and weekend implementations will be required occasionally. Off-shift support is required occasionally for incidents.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in developing Enterprise Architecture deliverables (ex. SCB, LTA, etc) for IT infrastructure implementations.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Technical Security Baselines (TSB), Information Security Directives, and Firewall rules for all technology components.
- Strong expertise and background in IT application and infrastructure components and supporting them.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Citrix managing physical and virtual server resources, applications, troubleshooting, and performance.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for VMware managing physical and virtual server resources, VMware CPU, memory, and storage, and network attached storage (NAS) storage and performance.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for NetApp Network Attached Storage (NAS) managing, maintaining, and supporting NetApp clusters (VMware, CIFS, and NFS shares)
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Active Directory and OU management
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CCTV Systems for site physical security and parts distribution pack stations
- Complete Enterprise Architecture deliverables for new technology introduction into Caterpillar/Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) with deep security knowledge
- Gather technical information from vendors for proposed PSLD automation and applications.
- Work with LIS vertical SME's to implement projects for automation, new technology, or automation.
- Manage supplier on-boarding and legal document triage such as Third Party Risk Assessments, Statements of Work, and support agreements.
- Manage the operating system (OS) lifecycle and hardware lease cycle
- Consult with business unit operations and LIS IT application teams
- Manage the investigation, analysis, sizing, procurement, capacity, performance, and retirement of IT infrastructure hardware
- Manage license compliance for operating systems, VMware, CCTV, Virtual Desktops, Citrix, and RedHat environments.
- Design, implement, and support solutions at Parts Distribution and Integrated Logistics facilities with the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions for LIS customers
- Manage projects and tasks for the LIS infrastructure teams
- Develop forecasts and estimates
- Engage vendors to resolve incidents
- Manage Business Continuity Planning and participate in Disaster Recovery testing.
- Participate with the off-shift call process. Environments are very stable.
People, planning, and organizational skills:
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in working with others to complete and manage projects, define requirements, communicate and understand business requirements in a structured and organized approach.
- Solid communication, organizational, and planning skills. Anticipates. Works through obscurity to bring clarity to situations. Can be assigned an idea and work it through to a desired, accepted, secure, and supportable solution.
- Demonstrates initiative to validate that all systems are performing properly and sized for the life of the lease
- Plans, organizes, and upgrades existing equipment to stay current with technology
- Responds to Caterpillar enterprise network, server, storage, and IT Security guidelines, initiatives, and mandates
- Interacts frequently with Site IT Contacts at facilities, application teams, network analysts, and IT groups in GIS regularly for troubleshooting and resolving application and infrastructure performance issues
- Demonstrates high degree of responsibility and ownership
- Displays strong analytical and troubleshooting
- Exhibits strong sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and demonstrates solid teamwork and communications skills when working with others
- Displays strong customer support skills including excellent communication skills to communicate to technical people and translate technical issues to management and non-technical customers
- Follows ITSM incident, change, and problem practices and meets IT Controls and IT Security Directives
- Generates continuous improvement and innovative ideas to stay current with technology and improve operational efficiency