This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Stafford, STS, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2020
Job Title: Global Supply Chain Demand & Inventory Manager
Salary: £71,491 - £78,363 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 31% Bonus
Monthly Car Allowance £615pcm
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage Highstreet Discount Website access
Sponsorship - Not provided for this role.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
All around you the supply chain is at work, everything we do, everything we touch are links of the overall chain, yet strong supply chain capabilities are hard to come by and we are looking for the best of the best. As the Global Supply Chain Demand Planning Manager at Caterpillar, you will be accountable for managing and stabilizing supply and demand within the business division or unit consisting of multiple facilities, as well managing the supply chain planning team for managing inventory and supply chain improvements. You will ensure that material is available and flows according to the production schedule and develops the constrained S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) forecast, aligning tactics with the long-term product capacity.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Direct Reports include Global S&OP and EAME MPS (Master Production Schedule) Manager, ASIA demand and MPS Manager, EAME Demand Manager and the regional supply chain planning teams in the UK and Asia. The incumbent has leadership for Annual business planning, Rolling Business model planning, customer experience, demand and orders management, inventory management, supply chain project management and budgetary control of departmental expense at both Stafford and Aurangabad.
This position provides leadership and direction to supply chain teams responsible for the management of all LPSD Perkins supply functions, including:
• Leads S&OP processes including the Step 1, Step 3, and 0 - 3m weekly master production planning reviews, to determine the production schedules for the UK & India facilities in order to satisfy global demand as well as setting the MRP schedules out to the global supply base, whilst balancing manufacturing constraint issues and inventory levels.
• Accountable for the customer experience including delivering product to the original order promise shipment date, delivery performance, order acknowledgement and competitive lead times.
• Works with product managers to ensure supply chain strategies are developed and aligned with worldwide sourcing strategies.
• Liaison with external customers on business performance and forecast requirements
• Ensuring the production schedules maintain demand sequence integrity, and provide proper product availability to customers.
• Close Liaison with the operational team to ensure product flow and priority is being maintained
• Supports NPI (New Product Introduction) programs by ensuring that supply chain processes support successful product introduction, minimizing aged inventory or obsolescence.
• Ensures that all Supply Chain processes are robust and compliant with enterprise policies and procedures.
• Governs the Supply chain planning processes, including inventory management and strategies, PFEP (Plan for Every Part), supply chain improvement projects.
• Responsible for coaching, developing and mentoring department resources. Incumbent is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Extensive experience of leading and managing Demand & Orders processes.
• Strongly demonstrated leadership experience and a proven ability to lead, coach and develop existing teams.
• Strong influencing skills, and a proven ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with key functions and senior leadership within a large organization.
• Ability to establish a strong governance structure and robust supply chain processes and policies.
• High-level of business acumen with the ability to make decisions taking into consideration multiple variables.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Supply-chain related professional accreditation or qualification is highly desired.
• Experience in Global Purchasing, Manufacturing is desired
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Automotive or Aerospace
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.