Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: To serve as a market specialist and divisional expert for their respective industries to develop strategic Aftermarket solutions and support Aftermarket Solutions Representatives (ASR) in the field and contribute to the Division’s business and long-term leadership position.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Geographical Responsibility: Global or Regional
Metrics and measures – Same metrics as the sales team, including OIA metrics
JOB DUTIES: This role is a key interface between GASD Regional Sales teams, the Industries and the Product Groups. Primary Interface: Global Product Managers, Industry Sales Managers, Regional Product Marketing Teams, Industry Product Managers
The Aftermarket Solutions Consultant holds a pivotal role in ensuring alignment between the Industries in terms of Aftermarkets solutions, OIA strategic plans and the GASD. The role is clearly recognized as an expert in a specific business segment/specialty area. Has Global or Regional focus.
Expertise may be in a specific industry or product (major class). Incumbents demonstrate creativity, innovation, foresight, business judgment and outstanding product/industry knowledge or marketing/distribution knowledge along with the sensitivity to customer financial impact. Incumbents have knowledge, recognition and expertise on industry & market requirements, technology watch and regulations.
The position must possess strong applications experience, life cycle cost knowledge of dealers’ and customers’ application, industry and marketplace needs. Provides consulting, collecting VOC for NPI and distribution needs to define and develop Aftermarket breakthrough solutions with the industries that would help in market leadership. Position works along with senior management in collaborating to industry growth plan (OIA), developing Global merchandising programs and rationalization for regional / second level dealer programs. Incumbents provide guidance and training for ASR, direction for future solutions and industry needs and share this expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management.
Provides Commercial Support:
- Identify aftermarket issues and develop strategies to overcome them globally. Support the execution of growth and turn-around plans.
- Make market driven recommendations on parts targets and growth strategies across multiple industries to achieve revenue targets globally.
- Support the development of defined marketing programs with the industry and across verticals (CI/RI/E&T) to achieve GASD plans & volume targets, POPS-C objectives and net price realization globally.
- Collect Voice of Market input with the industry group and VOC from regional field
- Lead analysis of industry key competitors’ global merchandising strengths, weaknesses and tactics
- Develops global go to market merchandising programs and ensure consistency amongst regional programs
- Support development of the repair options programs / CSA / Cat Connect programs
- Support dealer development with training for dealer PSSR
Position works autonomously and is broadly subject to functional policies and ultimate goals. Manages the compliance of its own assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
The incumbent will communication with industries Product Support Managers, representing the sales teams to those positions. The position is also the Voice of Field (VOC, VOD, VOB) back to the Product Groups and will make fact-based market driven recommendations to the industries on VOC input.
Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally, requires extensive travel to understand worldwide business conditions. Incumbent is developing expertise within government agencies, national associations, dealers and customer groups.
Incumbent will be responsible for leading special projects of Medium Term/Long Term.
Position will require travel of up to 50%.
Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years Marketing experience in lieu of degree.
- At least 3 years of Undercarriage experience.
- At least 2 years of Mining industry experience.
- Prior experience working with dealers and/or customers.
- Fluency in English
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Mining industry & product knowledge, with strong applications experience & knowledge of life cycle costing.
- NPI process understanding & experience working price / value analysis.
- Strong leadership capabilities, organizational & analytical skills, and highly proficient in working team dynamics and interpersonal relationships to successfully influence others and achieve challenging goals across the global Caterpillar enterprise.
- High initiative with solid organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically & communicate effectively across management levels at Cat, the dealer, and the customer.
- Broad business background & excellent communication skills with people across diverse backgrounds & cultures, both internally & externally, with the appropriate influence & ability to resolve differences.
- Ability to work autonomously & manage the compliance of his/her own tasks & schedule.
- Familiarity with Cat dealer organization & operations, familiarity with Salesforce & Microsoft Office tools.
- Master degree.
- Peoria, IL is the preferred location, however, remote candidates will be considered that live near an international airport for convenience in traveling.
- Relocation assistance to Peoria, IL is available for this position
- Travel requirement is 50%
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.