This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Aurangabad, MH, India
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2020
Caterpillar’s Group Manager position is accountable for the manufacturing / operations value stream, and have overall accountability for quality, Genset production requirements, leadership, performance metrics, Caterpillar Production System processes and certification. In addition, Group Managers lead and supervise resources across multiple employee categories / payrolls.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Taking aggressive actions to eliminate safety hazards in the work area
* Ensuring effective operation of an assigned manufacturing area to meet production schedules in a cost-effective, quality, high-velocity manner for Genset Division.
* Utilizing resources, including people, material and machines, to achieve cost, quality and inventory management targets
* Monitoring customer delivery performance, cost reduction programs, lead-time improvements, and quality improvement projects to metrics targets
* Establishing cost and quality goals and ensuring efficient integration of factory, supply chain, logistics, maintenance and quality to achieve targets
* Determining / deploying actions required to maintain velocity, efficiency and quality in work area;· Implementing, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma and Internal Certification processes
* Promoting engagement, learning and professional development for direct reports
* Developing and deploying training of resources on work processes
* Developing and setting goals to assist direct reports and meet goals
Caterpillar Production System responsibilities include:
* Accountable for area continuous improvement process execution
* Conduct process improvement dialog with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members
* Develop detailed near-term and long-term production plans
* Drive root cause corrective action process
* Audit and report on safety, Quality, Certification, standard work, productivity and overall equipment effectiveness metrics
The Group Manager is accountable for the coordination of material, equipment, manpower, quality and meeting production schedules and customer satisfaction for Genset division. Major responsibilities include directing the work of others, problem solving and resolution and coordination with support departments. In addition, the Group Manager determines budget requirements, cost savings project plans, forecasting production needs and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
* 4-year University degree in a manufacturing-related discipline, or 10-12 years.
* Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing and general manufacturing operations
* Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing and production environment for Genset Division.
* Prior experience with supervision and leadership
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers