Logistics & Supply Network Engineering Sr. Lead Data Scientist :
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Science professional with a passion to derive value from data. As a Data Scientist in this position, the incumbent will be responsible for leading teams and working individually to solve highly complex supply chain problems for heavy machinery and associated aftermarket parts presented by business units by using statistical analysis, simulation, optimization and other advanced analytics modeling techniques.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating, designing and prototyping solutions in the areas of supply chain (tactical and strategic), logistics
- Collaborating with Logistics Analysts, Information Technology teams, Engineers, Operational and Transportation managers to analyze opportunities, quantify scope for improvement and define core areas of focus
- Designing and developing effective recommendation models, features and dashboards
- Prototype real-time updating models to predict/estimate operational levers that adds value to business
- Provide actionable insights and support rollout / implementation to improve SC experience and cost to serve.
Essential Skills, Characteristics, & Experience
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Machine Learning, AI, Predictive Modeling
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Mathematics/Supply Chain/Statistics preferred
- Strong quantitative analysis, programming, and statistical modeling skills.
- Understanding of core ML concepts and its application in solving real world problems
- High level of comfort in SAS, Python and R
- Visualization using Power-BI.
- Experience working on modeling tools for optimization, data-simulation, statistics etc.
- Capable problem solver who uses logic to create effective solutions to complex customer problems
- Previous experience in Supply chain, Logistics and IT Systems experience preferred
- Must demonstrate superior innovation, leadership, initiative, judgment, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate quantitative information effectively.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.