This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 2, 2020
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join GASD.
The Insight Group is Hiring! We need a Senior Business Data Analyst! Will you embrace that challenge?
The Insight Group mission is to deliver powerful insights to our key internal customers: GASD Sales & Services departments and Enterprise Key customers in order to facilitate strategic decisions.
At the Interface of Business, Analytics and Data engineering, the Senior Business Data Analyst is a key player to connect these three worlds together.
The Senior Business Data Analyst main mission is to answer strategic business questions from internal customers using various datasets, digging into the data lake, creating meaningful presentations and charts to drive fact-based strategic decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Insights creation to drive various groups to make data-driven decisions
2. Provide business recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data
3. Extensive Communication to drive data driven decision making concerning OPACC-C growth
4. Analytics support of key strategic projects
5. Improvement, enhancement and development of specific dataset based on user feedback, research, external projects progress
6. Drive processes improvement and automation of Jupiter data sources within business process owners & data owners
7. Coordination with Data Engineering & BI Team to productionize any change to the industry standards
8. Users data support and training
The Senior Business Data Analyst demonstrates excellent communication skills, being able to explain recommendations to customers with limited data knowledge and experience and at the same being able to talk with Data Engineers on some technical details. He or she is a fast learner, is able to interpret data to make business recommendations.
Additionally, he or she should also exhibit strong planning and organization skills, proactivity, and a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar Inc., its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and the external environment in which it competes.
1. Like working in a challenging yet rewarding analytical international environment
2. Truly believe that data can be translated into valuable and monetized insights
3. Like helping internal customers beyond initial requirements
4. Want to grow and acquire new skills
Do not hesitate to apply!
• Master or Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Data Science, Engineering, Business administration, Economics, Marketing, Law
• Excel Expert & SQL Basic Knowledge
• Business Knowledge in a specific area or dealer exposure
• Excellent analytical skills: ability to interpret data to solve business issues & vulgarize results for a large and diverse audience
• Ability to manipulate data and create meaningful charts (visualization) - Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Aftermarket understanding
• Basic programming skills in any language
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Alteryx, Tableau, Powerpoint expert - any data visualization software
• Advanced programming skills in any language
• Product knowledge, Component Product knowledge, dealer knowledge
• Project management
• Track record of getting things done
• Fast learner
• Ability to work independently and reach out in a timely and relevant manner
• Good communication & presentation skills
• Ability to influence other groups and teams
• Experience in Consulting groups
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position
• Travel requirement is 10% or less
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.