As a Quality Manager at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to manage the planning, development, and implementation of strategies and systems to achieve continuous improvement, pro-active problem solving and prevention, reliability improvement, and to ensure integrity of all welded fabrications components and final assemblies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Formulating, developing, and implementing quality strategies to accelerate reduction in defects at the prime product facility customers, the dealers, and the end user, using data supplied through both the internal Cat system, as well as data and defect information supplied by the ISE’s on-site at the client’s facility.
* Providing primary focal point to manage all as-delivered quality improvements implemented within the facility,whether as a result of feedback from the client, or as a result of proactive quality projects lead on-site at Torreon.
* Formulating, developing, and implementing quality strategies in the product and process engineering group to ensure designs are measurable, key characteristics are both realistic and fit the manufacturing process by analyzing data from current processes, and complete the Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and dimensional analysis per the Advanced Product Quality Process (APQP).
* Formulating, developing, and implementing common Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements for all shipped products, as well as all Purchased Finished (PF) products.
* Driving Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) activities throughout the facility, while coaching and
mentoring the working teams on pursuit of sustainable, robust permanent corrective actions, focusing on proactive use of the CPI tools and cross-functional working groups to solve the issues.
* Acting as a Champion, Sponsor, and/or Subject Matter Expert on various 6 Sigma projects throughout the year, mentoring and guiding the Black Belts throughout all phases of the projects.
* Implementing a "Zero Defect" culture whereby all defects are considered process or engineering issues, driving the focus and attention to designing out the problems.
* Developing and managing budget and resources required to achieve goals.
* Engineering or manufacturing background.
* Expert knowledge of a specific manufacturing process or engineering discipline, or maintenance process, as applicable.
* Complete understanding of company policies and procedures related to manufacturing, engineering and/or maintenance.
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 9 to 12 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
* Full-time 6 Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.