This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2020
The Cat® Digital group is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, advanced analytics, and ML/AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world. To accomplish this, we’re deploying analytics that generate insights, recommend optimized decisions, and improve products by intelligently integrating massive quantities of telematics information, transactional records, images, unstructured documents, and other data sources.
The Cloud Analytics Engineering team within Advanced IoT Analytics is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to advance the data collection, preparation, manipulation, analytics, and reporting for cloud applications. This role will also be instrumental in improving quality of telemetry data coming into Caterpillar.
Example projects include:
· Improving data quality for telemetry data (time series, aggregate data, etc)
· Improving data quality for scheduled oil samples and other machine data
· Manipulating, transforming, and pre-processing data to speed up and improve analytics and modeling projects
· Developing APIs to data for different types of applications and data formats
· Maintaining cloud data and resolving potential issues
• Position requires a Masters degree from an accredited college or university.
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience
TOP CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
• Applicants must have completed a MBA, Masters, or PhD degree in Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Engineering (various), Computer Science, Computer Science + X, Informatics, Information Systems Management, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics, MBA with Technical Undergrad, Predictive Analytics, Statistics, or equivalent.
• AWS Cloud Practitioner certification (or other advanced AWS certification)
• Experience applying python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, etc) programming to solve business challenges
• Experience analyzing time series data files in HDF, netCDF, Parquet, Avro, or other big data file formats
• Experience in machine, engine, transmission, automotive, aerospace, or other heavy equipment requirements, performance, controls, validation, or other development work
• Experience with AWS boto3, S3, EC2, SQS, Fargate, etc
• Experience building or working with the popular cloud data and analytics platforms (such as AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience working in a software development environment using GIT, SVN, AZDO, Clearcase, etc
• Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
• Experience working with CAN / ethernet data acquisition systems (ex. Vector CANape, Kvaser, INCA, etc) in the context of embedded software development
• Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated excellence in online computer coding challenges with Kaggle, TopCoder, Hacker Rank, etc
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated capability to take initiative and lead in the presence of ambiguity to deliver innovative solutions
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers