THE POWER OF WORKING FOR A GREATER
Caterpillar’s Large Power Systems
Division (LPSD) product teams deliver world class products across commercial
and machine markets that bring the best value to our customers while achieving
business commitments. We are currently looking
for a Group Manager 3 to join our talented team at the Hodges, SC Foundry. In
this role you will direct production in the casting of
quality parts to meet established production requirements, be responsible for
establishing the vision, mission and strategic sourcing plans to ensure
profitability while attaining objectives in customer satisfaction,
quality, pricing, inventory and distribution for large engine fuel
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple sections and reports to the facility manager
- Own the Continuous Improvement process, making sure new ideas are generated, worked and implemented, and any roadblocks are eliminated
- Perform on-going evaluation of workloads and assists Section Managers in solving problems
- Contributes to the total manufacturing effort by directing and controlling several operations from fabrication, manufacturing, assembly, test, and shipping
- Ensures production schedules can be met in a Lean Manufacturing environment to satisfy assembly line and parts schedule requirements
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Section Managers, Team Leads and Team Members
- Develops detailed near-term and long-term production plans
- Drives root cause analysis and resolution on all forms of loss, i.e., safety, quality, production.
Top candidates will also have:
Solid management, motivational, organization, problem solving, human relations and communications skills
Project Management experience
General understanding of the Caterpillar manufacturing processes
General IT understanding
- Location of this position is in Hodges, South Carolina
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This position may require 10% travel.
- This position will close on Thursday, July 03, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities- are encouraged to apply.