WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Aftermarket Services Marketing Consultant. Ideally, this position will be based in Houston, Texas but it could also be based in Peoria, Illinois. As an Aftermarket Services Marketing Consultant, you will serve as a data analytics consultant and divisional expert in aftermarket parts where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and contribute to the Division’s business and long-term leadership position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Apply previous experience to develop expertise in owning and operating cost
* Develop applications experience, life cycle cost knowledge of dealers’ and customers’ application, industry and marketplace needs
* Provides support in areas covering market and distribution needs to stimulate breakthrough solutions that would help in market leadership
* Communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. At this level, leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are beginning to develop, either as an individual performer or as the principal contributor to or leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people
* Develop expertise with dealers and customer groups
* Share knowledge and experience as a contributor to Caterpillar’s Knowledge Management initiative. This involvement will be on a regional basis supporting product groups, corporate processes and/or dealer knowledge sharing processes. The selected candidate will likely be a member of a component, product, process or industry "Community of Practice". In this role you will have the accountability for documenting key elements of this position and sharing it within the realm of Caterpillar’s Knowledge Management system
* A college or university degree required
* 1+ year data analytics experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* 1+ year of experience in parts sales
* Knowledge of Caterpillar database systems including CDDW, OLGA, PSCS, SIMSi
* Previous marketing, engineering, and/or field experience
* Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry is a plus
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
* Broad business background and excellent communication skills.
* The ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
* Minimal (< 25%) travel
Relocation is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.