As an Associate Engineer, you will be supporting Core Engines team to perform Design, development and maintenance of Core engine Components Projects like Crankshafts, Connecting Rod, Bearing, Flywheel, Dampers, Gears, Cylinder head, blocks, Valves, Valve Mechanism components towards NPI, CPI, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members, and deepen your professional network
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Design and development of Core Engine components (crankshaft, gears, flywheel, valves, heads & blocks etc.), systems (fuel, air systems, etc) and related processes
• Performs design calculations and participate in design decisions.
• Carry out basic performance analysis of the subsystem’s using analysis tools.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development.
• Communicate results to global Process partners and other team members
• Ensure that drawing contains all the relevant information required for downstream usage
• Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements
• Knowledge of Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
• Complete projects on time and on cost
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 0 to 3 years of experience in the Design and Development of Reciprocating Engines
• Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical system components like Cylinder Head, Cylinder Block, Valves, Valve Mechanism, Pistons, Crankshaft, Connecting rod, Gears, Bearings, Damper, Flywheel etc
• Strong analytical skills
• Willingness to travel globally up to 15%.
• Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• PhD/Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
• Proficiency with engine design & development.
• Basic proficiency in German language, advanced in English language
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment