This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Date Posted: Jul 2, 2020
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Marketing at Caterpillar is more than creating a brochure or
closing a sale. It’s telling stories that showcase our global reach and the
many lives we touch every day. It’s learning what customers need and
articulating how we can make them more productive, profitable and sustainable.
And it’s applying the latest digital tools and analytics to ensure what we
offer is fast and easy to acquire, operate and maintain.
You’ll succeed as a member of our quick-thinking, fast moving marketing team if you are:
• Focused on understanding customers’ businesses
• Willing to learn and stay on top of technologies and trends
• Comfortable adapting to the changing pace of business
• Ready to bring innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit to the job
Caterpillar’s global mining team is currently seeking a Senior Sales Support Consultant to be located in Canada. In this role you will be the owner of the Mining Strategic Accounts alliance negotiation process, tools, and communication. Provide consultative support on agreement terms, conditions, and financial modeling. Together with the Account Manager, you will support agreement execution across divisional organizations. You will be the project lead for development and continuous improvement around the negotiation process and tools.
• Accountable to develop and continue to improve the Strategic Accounts alliance agreement process leveraging global best practices
• Responsible for managing alliance process compliance across multiple agreements
• Participate as a Deal Team member on global agreement negotiations
• Interface with Demand Management, Machine Pricing, Global Aftermarket Solutions, Legal, and other teams (as appropriate) to develop terms and conditions and assess risk around Strategic Accounts alliance agreements
• Assist with alliance agreement legal drafting and revisions
• Interface with above defined teams to execute the customer-facing alliance agreements once signed and executed
• Leverage and improve financial tools to evaluate commercial reward packages and ensure equity compliance
• Lead and/or participate on other Strategic Accounts strategic project initiatives
* Support our SA Continuous Improvement team, administrating our CI Database & reporting tools
Successful candidate will be:
• Self-directed and have the initiative to drive projects to completion with minimal direction
• Viewed as the trusted advisor to Strategic Accounts on alliance negotiation process and tools
• Able to adapt to change and successfully navigate high-stress situations
• Work with a sense of urgency to meet customer expectations while ensuring Caterpillar business interests are also met
• Process-oriented: ability to prioritize between mission critical work and other day to day assignments
• Detail oriented: understanding that alliance agreements cross multiple-faceted topics and have direct financial impact to the enterprise
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or Engineering
• 8+ years of related work experience
• Project management experience, preferably 6 Sigma
• Experience with Heavy Equipment Dealer Networks
Top candidates will also have:
• Exposure to direct customer experience
• Knowledge of mining products and mining customers / industry
• Knowledge of pricing methodology and sales support
• Experience working with contracts, agreements and legal personnel
• Strong analytical, financial analysis, and communication skills
• Experience with SharePoint, Power BI and MS Excel; including Pivot tables, Vlookups, If Statements, and Graphing
This job requires a willingness to work non-standard hours and ability to travel up to 25% to support global mining customers.