For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop, infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel- electric locomotives.
As a Machine Repair Mechanic at our Mapleton Foundry, you will inspect equipment and plan repairs for service required. You are also responsible for checking blueprints, diagrams, or drawings for repairs or installations when necessary and do lay-out work and fabrication. Also the use of various hand tools and equipment to dismantle, repair, replace and reassemble parts and equipment is required. You will assemble and align gears, bearings, cams, and shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. While operating machinery such as drill presses, lathes, mills, grinders, power saws, and cutting & threading machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Performs maintenance pipefitting on all equipment
* Changes, sets up, and adjusts equipment as required
* Lubricates or directs others to lubricate equipment.
* Uses all common and precision checking equipment, laser equipment, and portable power tools Installs, repairs, and maintains pumps
* Hydraulic equipment
* Metal cutting and forming equipment,
* Compressors, valves, turbines, steam delivery systems
* Material handling equipment.
* Successfully pass a 2-hour skills exam
* 3-5 years maintenance experience
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Be able to work near high voltage electricity, molten metal, heavy equipment, various gases, moving machinery, high above the floor and in a congested or confined areas
Top candidates will also have:
* Strong mechanical background
* Machine shop experience
* Technical degree/diploma
* Must be able to weld, cut, solder and braze
* No relocation reimbursement is offered
* Position is located in Mapleton, Illinois
* Starting salary is $28.37 plus $.60 per hour shift differential
* This position is on 2nd or 3rd shift
* Full benefits
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.