Technical Information Solutions Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2020
The Technical Information Solutions (TIS) team, within the Global Service Department of Americas Distribution Service & Marketing (ADSM), creates and delivers technical parts and service information critical for the repair and service of Caterpillar products. Not a part gets sold, nor a machine or engine repaired, without the use of the information created, managed, and delivered by this global team.
As a Technical Information Supervisor within the Parts Information Division (PID), you would be accountable for authoring and illustrating technical parts information and graphics accessed by over 200,000 dealer, customer, and Caterpillar users worldwide via Service information system (SIS 2.0) and paper manuals. This is a global division with operations in Chennai, India and Peoria. The position will manage a team based in India focused on Illustrating 2D/3D graphics, Authoring and delivering accurate parts information that is needed for virtually every Caterpillar parts order.
The Technical Information Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of a team of 10-15 parts information staff both management and agency employees
- Create and maintain an engaging organizational climate and culture that encourages teamwork, commitment, employee growth, and a sense of urgency toward business success
- Execution of global parts information to support New Product Introduction (NPI) needs and ensure all NPI deadlines are met
- Execution of Caterpillar Production System (CPS) and Continuous Improvement (CI) to ensure team and division operational goals are achieved
- Collaborate across the global Parts Information Division, with Product Groups, and dealers and customers to deliver parts information commitments
- Understand customer and dealer technical information needs, and utilize this insight to make process improvements to the information we create and deliver
- Lead division-wide projects that result in greater process efficiency and increased value to customers and dealers
- Bachelor's level degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Highly developed communication skills
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Strong initiative, extremely self-driven, and able to work at a fast pace
- Excellent human relations skills with demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Recognized process improvement and change management experience
- Solid technical and business acumen
- Familiar with customer and dealer product support operations
- Knowledge of the NPI process
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.