When you Join Team Caterpillar, as a Quality Supervisor, you will lead a team that perform tactical Quality Management duties, responding to daily quality issues arising in the manufacturing facility. You will work using quality processes, plans and tools that are part of Caterpillar’s Quality Management System and the Caterpillar Production System.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2015/CQMS internal certification requirements, accomplished by conducting and reporting internal audits.
- Liasoning with external auditors to get done with periodic/Survillence audits to get QMS/CQMS certification for the plant.
- Coordinate & collaborate with internal cross functional teams to conduct management review meetings.
- Understand plant wide changes on processes & amend quality manuals & procedures.
- Supervises a team of inspectors in quality function in various sub areas within quality.
- Quality contact for internal/External customers, contact for the day to day shop quality issues, including coordinating the holds due to quality and the rework needed.
- Responsible for development and information collection for inspection reports.
- Supervises or manages a work unit of employees where planning, scheduling , monitoring, reviewing the work is required.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of team.
- Responsible for verifying that quality is being maintained throughout the assembly and manufacturing process.
- Work with assembly Purchasing, Engineering, Operations and other functional areas in establishing audit procedures, audit frequencies and quality teams to insure customers are receiving a Caterpillar quality product.
- Works with manufacturing operations to identify high scrap and rework areas and initiates investigations for establishing subsequent improvements driving zero defect culture.
Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
ISO 9001:2015 Lead auditor certification is desirable.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.