This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2020
As an Engineering Tech Team Leader of the Underground Mining’s Longwall Mining (LWM) engineering organization, you will have the responsibility for supporting LWM customer orders, New Product Introduction programs (NPI), Continuous Product Quality Improvement programs (CPI), cost reductions in the areas of Large / Heavy Structures and you will successfully lead a cross functional team to solve a very complex technical problem or work on large complex program or multiple programs or create critical components and systems. You will be responsible for receiving technical specifications, updating designs of resulting parts and groups, presenting in engineering reviews, iterating based on Project lead feedback and validation results. You will also participate in virtual assembly audits and support factory introductions. You will collaborate with multiple areas of engineering, operations and purchasing around the globe. You will continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
* Prepares concept, design, and development and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects
* Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products
* Receiving and taking direction from Longwall project teams for technical specifications and project expectations
* Supporting the Longwall Mining (LWM) business objectives through the delivery of designs on time/cost
* Utilizing key product development processes (APQP, FMEA, etc.) inherent in New Product Introduction programs (NPI), Continuous Product Quality Improvement programs (CPI)
* Following and updating designs through build, test and validation processes
* Collaborating with global operations, purchasing and the supply base to meet product and design cost targets
* Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
* Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field-test locations to evaluate a product improvement
* Providing a supportive work environment for the team
* Coaching and developing others* Planning and managing programs
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an accredited Mechanical or Mining Engineering curriculum.
* High level of proficiency in Creo & PLM tools.
* 12-15 years of relevant work experience in Mining Products Structural Systems Design.
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Longwall Coal Mining Products Structural Systems Design.
* Proficiency in Weld Design Guidelines
* Prior experience in FEA simulations, Welded structures / Fatigue, correlation with tests will be an added advantage.
* Must have a good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Problem resolution / trouble shooting.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Proven team leadership skills
* Keen in learning and enhancing technical skills for future divisional need.* Experience with SAP systems.