This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Singapore, State Not Specified, Singapore
Date Posted: Jun 4, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: To work with the Dealer Data Strategy team and Caterpillar dealers to help dealers align with the Global Dealer Common Data Model (GD-CDM), improve data quality and governance across the enterprise, and help dealers and Caterpillar collaborate more effectively to gain business value from their data.
Work with the Dealer Data Strategy team and dealers to facilitate the modeling, definition, and mapping of data from the dealers’ data sources (ERP, CRM, etc.) to the GD-CDM. Work with Caterpillar counterparts to map data from the GD-CDM to the Caterpillar data repository.
Facilitate a clear understanding of Caterpillar data requirements to dealers.
Create documentation for resolving data discrepancy issues. Learn any data steward tools utilized in systems for analyzing data and making changes needed for quality outcomes of data. Participate in requirements for any technical implementations or enhancements to the data management systems. Create metrics reporting on data management activities as defined. Monitor and act on any workflow requests for new, changed, or removal of data. Interact with people from multiple business areas to determine the correct actions for data changes. This may require scheduling meetings or escalating questions or concerns appropriately.
Maintain knowledge of functional technology of the data management systems as they change with upgrades and new releases. Build a deep technical and commercial understanding of industry data trends and standards, the Open Data Initiative (ODI) and Microsoft’s Common Data Model (CDM), and other data best practices. Guide Caterpillar and the dealers to align with and adopt them as appropriate for business value, brand, legal, and information security (data security and privacy compliance) needs.
Define data best practices and governance standards including validation approaches to create, monitor, and maintain data quality. Work with the Dealer Data Strategy team, along with the Caterpillar Data Governance team, to define, document, and implement data governance and change management standards and processes and work with dealers and Caterpillar teams to ensure all parties understand and are in alignment with those standards. Facilitate the use of a common language and understanding of the data between dealers and Caterpillar teams.
Execute maturity assessments of the data quality on a defined frequency. Identify missing or incorrect data and data standards. Work at an enterprise level of interaction with responsibilities of providing data to multiple consuming systems where the actions taken must be very well defined to not impact revenue generating business activities or manage data volumes at extremely high levels where the process and quality are more complex due to the nature of the volume or data. Closely interact with the business and provide master data management expert input to various project teams as it relates to master data management and governance. Create and maintain consistent reference data and master data definitions. Refine the data management strategy and define continuous improvement goals of data quality, governance and processes. Provide consultation on use of data from other groups. Collaborate with the Caterpillar Data Governance team to define a single source of truth for customer, equipment, and other enterprise data.
Create and maintain documentation for the data dictionary, data interfaces, data governance, dealer data flows, and more. Contribute in building the GD-CDM knowledge repository.
Help create leadership presentations and interact with leaders in setting direction for data management needs.
Work with dealers to understand and document key business use cases for dealer, enterprise, and industry data. Understand data requests specific to project needs and be able to prioritize work to achieve the desired results to meet the business goals for those projects.
Incumbent will be able to take direction for other data related duties as provided by the leadership team.
Key Quality goals are Process Quality, Continuous Improvement, Quality Issues reported, Timeliness and Cost Savings.
• Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university
• 8+ years of data management experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling)
• 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, report writing, and SQL query writing
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
• 5+ of progressively responsible project management, team leader, or technical leadership experience
• 5+ years of experience in data quality and ETL QA testing
• 3+ years of experience in change management and release cycles in a large enterprise
• Experience with the Open Data Initiative / Microsoft’s Common Data Model is desirable
• Demonstrated proficiency in leading and facilitating meetings
• Strong project management, team leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to build trust through effective team relationships
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills capable of communicating with senior management, business subject matter experts, and technical experts and documenting their requirements clearly
• Self-starter, independent, and well-organized worker
• Strong business acumen
• Flexibility to occasionally attend early morning or evening virtual meetings with dealers around the globe
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.