ARE YOU LOOKING FOR YOUR NEXT BIG CHALLENGE?
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2019 sales and revenues of $53.8 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
As a Sr. Technologist in the NPI Field Follow Team coordination role for Large Power Systems Division, you will successfully lead a multi-application and multi-platform team in communicating and solving technical problems during the Field Follow stage of the NPI process. You will also be responsible for product support readiness prior to Gateway 6 product launch.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage field follow and product support readiness for LPSD NPI programs
• Work with field follow engineers and marketing to develop field follow agreements
• Develop and manage field follow requirements
• Support commissioning of field follow units
• Develop, prioritize, and raise awareness for field follow events and issues
• Provide internal communications on status of field follow units at customer sites, including hours accumulated and issues found
• Work with NPI project teams, dealers, and customers to investigate and document all field problems on field follow units
• Work with the LPSD NPI teams, field follow engineers, dealers and customers to develop, coordinate and implement corrective actions on field follow units
• Coordinate service publications generation, parts stocking, dealer service tool creation, and technical training implementation for LPSD NPI products
• Present product support readiness and field follow reliability at Gateway Reviews
• Manage and coordinate dealer claims processing for necessary field rework for engineering updates
• Associate degree and/or 10 years of relevant engineering or product support experience
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong technical leadership and project management skills
• Demonstrated superior communication skills including listening, writing, preparing and giving presentations to high-level company managers, dealers and customers
Top candidates will also have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• 2 to 3 years working with CAT dealers
• 5 years LPSD large engine experience
• Location of this position is in Lafayette, IN or Mossville, IL.
• Relocation assistance is available for this position
• This position may require 10% travel.
• This position will close on Monday, June 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.