Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: To serve as a senior consultant at Caterpillar and subject matter expert for E&T core components & rebuilds, where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and contribute to aftermarket growth goals.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS: Geographical Responsibility: Global
Primary Interface: GASD, LPSD, E&T Industry Gps, Captive engine (machine) product groups, DSD, Dealers, Customers
As a Component Application Specialist for Energy & Transportation, you will serve as the expert responsible for the development and execution of specialized initiatives to drive profitable parts and service revenue and POPS growth. The role of this assignment is that of an individual contributor who has established a reputation as an expert in engine aftermarket components & rebuilds. Assignments/projects are complex and strategic in nature.
Leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are fully developed. As an individual performer or as the project leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people a reputation as an expert begins to develop. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. Proven leadership in innovation of new or improved ideas/processes is key to this role, along with the execution to the market.
Work across various functional business units to achieve parts objectives and work with global partners along with districts, dealers and customers to implement parts marketing activities and drive parts growth.
Duties may include:
• Gathering and providing VOC and VOD to the engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, pricing and logistics teams, and prioritizing development activities
Lead teams and training for specific projects and/or purpose
• Mentor team members within broader Parts & Service organization
• Drive POPS growth through development of products and programs
• Delivering new products and programs globally or regionally
• Developing, Coordinating and Presenting Training materials to various audiences
• Works along with senior management in planning major programs and objectives for the Division
• Drive Promotional Strategy / coordination
• Competitive Analysis
• Understand component value story
• Segmenting, targeting and positioning market opportunities to gain market share
• Brand Advocate for Caterpillar branded parts
• Partner with engine & machine product groups, and industry groups to align strategies
Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative, cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. Generally, requires regular travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions. Incumbent has previous expertise within government agencies, national associations, dealers and/or customer groups.
• College or University degree required
• 9-12+ years of engine parts marketing, E&T product and/or field experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Specific engines product or industry knowledge
• Market knowledge about aftermarket competitors, customers and distributors
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders at all levels
• Previous 6 Sigma Black Belt or project management experience
• Candidate must demonstrate Caterpillar’s values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence and Teamwork
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
• Self-starter and team player
• Strong communication, presentation and training skills
• Proficiency in data analysis
• Accomplished in the use of business tools for communicating ideas
• Strong project management skills
• Travel requirement is 25%
• Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.