Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR communications professional to plan and execute communications that touch more than 100,000 employees around the world.
In this position, you will provide communications support for the Total Rewards team with a focus on benefits communications to ensure the effective and efficient flow of information needed to engage and inform internal, retiree and related audiences. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with extensive experience with benefits communications. Outstanding project management skills as well as expertise in developing strategic communications plans and experience leading change management initiatives are also necessary for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
Development of strategic communications and change management plans as well as tactics to support the Total Rewards team on benefits communications. Tactics may include videos, talking points, intranet articles, internal social media posts, webinars, presentations and print materials.
This location for this role is flexible and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- 8 years of experience in corporate communications with at least 5 years of experience developing and managing benefits communications
- Strong writing skills and strategic communications planning experience
- Experience developing communications for annual open enrollment (responsibilities for this role will include writing the full annual enrollment booklet)
- Experience working effectively with outside vendors
- Proven experience with the use of a variety of communication channels and tools including O365
- Strong project management, teamwork and creative thinking skills
- Ability to distill complex and often sensitive information into communications that are easily understood
- Sense of urgency, ability to quickly prioritize and excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills
Top Candidate will also have:
- Corporate communications experience at a large global organization
- Familiarity with Workday is a plus
- Experience working in a virtual work environment
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E and O. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.