This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Spokane, WA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2020
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Warehouse Associate Team Leader.
As a Team Leader at Caterpillar, you will assist the Supervisor/Foreman in coordinating workflow, promoting cooperative team relationships, establishing daily priorities, etc., and you will also be performing various warehousing functions at our CLS warehouse/distribution facility in Spokane.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating workflow
* Promoting cooperative team relationships
* Actively promoting safe work practices and procedures
* Establishing daily priorities, providing feedback to supervisory team on Associate performance
* Performing and/or coordinating the training of Associates on work techniques and promoting continuous improvement.
* Assisting the Supervisor/Foreman in performing the material handling and warehousing functions required in inbound, outbound and other operational functions.
* Working from a variety of source documents to verify quantities, count parts, fill orders, package parts, etc.
* Using machines for weighing, banding, wrapping, packaging, stenciling, etc.
* Maintaining related records or reports as required and resolving discrepancies where needed
* Operating computer terminals to access and update information for receiving, counting, and order processing
* Performing and assigning housekeeping functions; using mobile equipment as required facilitating job functions
* Reporting defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures
* Assisting the Warehouse Associates in resolving various work related issues.
* Ability to perform a variety of record keeping and reporting functions
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry material weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15 to 30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
* Warehouse and/or order filling experience
* Computer skills
* Prior knowledge of various WMS
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents
* Position is located in Spokane, Washington
* Position is on 3rd shift
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.