This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Houston, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: To provide essential business information, strategic counsel and business support to senior divisional management (General, Product, Service and Business Development Managers) in the development and execution of a divisional strategy that drives profitable growth in the services and aftermarket business. Emphasis will be placed on the Operating & Execution (O&E) Model to drive decision-making that enhances enterprise value and performance, while positioning the division and Caterpillar for long-term success.
· Providing strategic counsel and support in the development and execution of a services and aftermarket growth strategy for the division
· Developing rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations, ensuring strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations.
support in the development of integrated aftermarket value propositions, including
analysis of competitive strategies and offerings, market economics and
· Structuring and solving business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of growth opportunities.
· Developing business cases in support of M&A and asset acquisition targets as required
· Working closely with cross-functional teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight, perspective and analytical support.
· Understanding customer business models and requirements
· Communicating recommendations to senior management, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way.
· Providing continuous coaching and training to team.
· Developing formal documentation of divisional strategy processes, as well as process monitoring and improvement
· Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or engineering.
· 10+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience
· MBA or Master's Degree in a business-related field
· Strong analytical skills are required to perform detailed financial analysis and prepare strategic plans
· Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific action
Additional Information: This position has been evaluated using Hay Standard Process and has taken into consideration the organizational structure and reporting relationship. Any deviation from the information above may impact the evaluation of this position. This Job Description is intended as a general guide to the job duties for this position and is intended for the purpose of establishing the specific salary grade. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, this description may be changed at any time to address the evolving needs of the organization. It is expressly not intended to be a comprehensive list of “essential job functions” as that term is defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.