This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tianjin, 12, China
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2020
• Business Acumen- Develop understanding of the entire business function of the organization to drive efficiency and process improvement.
• Approval of Journal entries / Reconciliation- Approves complex reconciliations and non-recurring entries. Validates the business case for complex entries and prepare high level dashboard for management review.
• Business knowledge- Broader understanding of various legacy and contemporary Caterpillar systems and the complex interdependencies among them, caterpillar business and internal and external customer requirements. Provides knowledge sharing sessions on caterpillar business, systems and Technical sessions on latest developments in reporting requirements.
• Managing payroll accounting and IIT declarations- Review/approve and release payroll related payments to the employees across China. Keep on top of any IIT reform in China to ensure no compliance issue from Caterpillar China entities.
• Alignment of Team goals- Creates and maintains a workforce that lives by the Caterpillar Values. Sets appropriate goals for functions in scope that are aligned with Caterpillar’s strategy and vision.
• Managing and Motivating team- Supervises a team and their related workload, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and participates in employee selection process. Evaluates and reports on staff performance, promotes team rewards and successes and provides career guidance to team members. Provides technical guidance and expertise on highly complex accounting issues to other legal entity accountants and management. Communicates a clear and compelling vision and motivate others in the organization to exceed and excel.
• Leverages technology- Advocates latest technical tools like data analytics, tableau and robotics to develop world class accounting and reporting processes, and ensures transactions and systems are cost effective.
• Process improvement projects- Leads/participates in regional and global projects.
• Internal / External Audits- Support on internal CACD audits and external audit requirements from government.
• CMA or Equivalent certification is preferred.
• In addition, ten to fifteen years of progressively responsible job related experience are required.
• Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures plus initiative, leadership, good judgment and superior communication skills.
• Accounting skills and a strong knowledge of internal controls are also required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with highly sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside or outside the department to take specific action.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.