This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2020
ü Establish packaging and processing specifications at the part number level for Customer Ready Packaging
ü Develop packaging solutions to protect finished painted/casting/machining/sheet metal components
ü Communicate with existing suppliers & facilities on packaging issues related to receiving & warehousing
ü Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes & recommend customer ready packaging solution changes
ü Coordinate with facility for operation/delivery/storage and ergonomic considerations
ü Validate/simulation loading quantities in the package and control the packaging cost in the reasonable level for expendable and customer ready packaging
ü Design for transport efficiency improvement, perform containerization analysis, testing, and quoting
ü Validate new packaging and containers during pilot phase and onsite validation for manufacturing facility & Parts Distribution Centers.
ü Resolve safety and / or quality issues caused by current packaging
ü Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and delivered to the customer in a usable fashion
ü Lead low risk Green Belt projects
ü Resolve issues reported by facilities and Parts Distribution Centers and process partners
ü Create packaging concepts using 3D modeling software (i.e. Pro-E)
ü Familiar with expendable packaging materials cost level in the market
· Bachelor’s degree (i.e. Packaging, Logistic, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering)
· 3D Modeling Software Certification (Pro-E)
· No less 3 years of packaging or logistic or supply chain experience
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to perform data query analysis
· Good Oral & Written Communication skills
· Interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
· Value behavior of Integrity, Teamwork
· Knowledge of material handling equipment
· A background in Manufacturing, Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements and/or Supply Chain /Logistics.
· Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
· Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.