Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
An assembler at Caterpillar must perform all functions in a safe manner per prescribed safe job procedures, standard work and on-the-job training. Other Duties include:
- Receive detailed written and verbal instructions on all work.
- Assemble large and heavy parts to complete units or subassemblies.
- Use hand tools, small power tools, and other special equipment/ tooling. Reassembles or reworks units as required.
- Report defects and need for repairs on mobile equipment by following safety procedures.
- Must be capable and willing to learn the operation of mobile equipment such as order pickers, reach trucks and forklifts as well as ability to change batteries or propane tanks as needed to operate the vehicles.
- Perform daily housekeeping functions as required.
- Attention to detail and willingness to perform a variety of job functions.
- Ability to follow safety procedures, Standard Work Instructions and work in a safe manner.
Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines. Build a Career.
- At least one year Parts/Product Assembly Manufacturing experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
Ability to perform repetitive operations
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous forklift experience
- At least 3 years Parts/Product Assembly Manufacturing experience
- Heavy equipment manufacturing experience
- Overhead hoists and/or crane experience
- Torque tool experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/Knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) of Standard Assembly Tools and their applications
- Intermediate proficiency with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
- Mechanical ability
Additional Information: This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Thursday; 6 am-4 pm) located in Waco, TX with the BAWA (BCP Assembly Waco Attachment) group. Entry pay is $16.75/hour and includes a comprehensive full-time benefit package. Candidates must be able to work overtime as needed. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EEO).
All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals
with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or
will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J,