As a Transportation Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to support China facility inbound shipment management.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Co-ordination with international carriers, forwarders and customs brokers
Exception Shipment Management
Establishing and executing Standard Operating Procedures and Shipping Instructions
- Consolidation Operations
- KPI Management and Metrics Reporting
- Good analysis ability to improve shipping process and reduce transportation cost.
- Work closely with facility supplier chain team to solve the issues.
- Making recommendations for the optimal service provider to Buyers, Assistant Buyers and/or Analyst.
- Developing, implementing and managing a process for Global Air Freight using the online procurement tool.
- Developing and maintaining a Spend Management tool for carriers/providers including what should be tracked and reported and how this information will be maintained.
- Facilitating all introduction and review meetings between facility and transportation
as well as service provider.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining disciplines relative to production control functions and participating with the implementation of New Product Introduction projects for these specific processes.
* Experience in and/or equivalent knowledge of various Operating, Transportation, Contracting, and Traffic in Supply Chain Logistics.
* A college diploma, or the equivalent experience.
* Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the Company and must have some degree of analytical skills.
* PC skills.
* Must be well organized, self-motivated and be able to multitask against multiple deadlines.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.