Members of the Large Electric Power Application Engineering team provide front line technical support to our dealers and sales teams with a focus on packaged generator set products. This role would be of interest for those with good technical knowledge and a desire to be more closely involved with projects and customer requirements. This team helps to deliver sales results while also engaging and better understanding the needs of our dealers and customers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Response to dealer technical inquiries on Electric Power products ranging from very basic to extremely involved at the project & design level. This includes development of Design to Order (DTO) quotations for custom products not offered in the standard price list.
* Consultation with both the dealer & sales organizations on product offerings and how to best apply them. This can include project specific technical guidance along with being an interface to core engineering teams while investigating alternative solutions.
* Feedback to engineering and product definition teams in order to drive and improve future product development allowing Caterpillar to better meet our customer needs.
* Act as a liaison to a specific sales region to better understand the needs of that market and work to lead the A&I team in a more focused support of that region.
* Identification & delivery of product application training along with creating independent materials and white papers to assist with frequently requested topics.
* Post graduate preferably in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 6 years experience with product and/or industry expertise with generator sets
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the year Desired Qualifications:
* Familiarity with various Caterpillar systems (TMI, EOMP/ISA, CSQ, EDDC and other technical, drawing and operations system)
* 3 years experience in Energy and Transportation
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.