This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mapleton, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 29, 2020
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Material Planning Analyst 1 in Mapleton, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a Material Planning Analyst 1, you will collaborate with supplier to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules and resolve issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. Incumbent works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use availability. Ensures alignment of facility inventory and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain integrity
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans. Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
· Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods
· This position analyzes established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders. Analyzes engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items
· Incumbent manages and performs supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components. This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics
· Incumbent performs work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions. Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
· Bachelors or 4 years exp supply chain, logistics, or manufacturing
· APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification or willingness to complete certification required
· Minimum 1 year of experience using Mach 1
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· CPS Functional Job Role Qualified
· Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP (SAP/MACH1)
· Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
· Understanding of company policies and procedures
This position does not offer relocation
This position requires 10% or less travel.
The is a 1st shift position
This posting will close on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm CST
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.