The Construction Industries CFO
Coordinator is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant in the Deerfield Headquarters.
provide expertise on complex business, financial or managerial issues within a segment
environment. Additionally, this position
the ability to analyze and understand impact and have a broader perspective on
specific accounting issues. This requires a comprehensive understanding
of Caterpillar’s business accounting issues and full support
of the leadership team.
as a teacher on accounting issues to business unit accountants as well as
and/or direct teams within or outside of discipline addressing complex problems.
full responsibility for outcomes.
Staff Accountant IIs are knowledgeable on a variety of accounting functions but
generally have specialized areas of responsibility at this level. Incumbent has the ability to accomplish
complex and/or technical analysis, but generally utilizes data gathered by
others to render an accounting opinion or business decision. Incumbent will provide advice/recommendations
to segment managers, business unit managers and leaders, often working on
tactical and strategic business issues.
Specific areas of responsibility could
include but are not limited to:
- Financial accounting including
consolidation, analysis and communication of segment results / explanations.
- Presentation and explanation of
results to senior management.
- Liaison between Corporate Accounting
and the division business resource teams.
- Assist with segment metric reporting
and strategic imperatives.
- Coordinate RBM and Annual Business
Planning for the segment.
must demonstrate specific accounting knowledge and independently handle
accounting issues. Accounting tasks can be varied in areas such as:
- Providing financial guidance.
- Developing methodology and providing education
to accountants and non-accountants.
- Drive behavior (ability
to influence management directions) in accordance with financial targets and business unit / division / segment / enterprise
- Bachelor's level degree in Accounting;
Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved
- 6 to 8 years of accounting experience
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO
- Business Unit experience with financial analysis
- Experience with consolidations at either the
corporate or business unit level.
- Strong analytical, process improvement and
- Professional certifications (CPA or CMA).
- Experience with FP&A systems (BPC, BMS, CMS,
- Ability to work well independently as owner of
the CI Admin Business Unit FP&A functions
- Demonstrated success and progression in
previously held accounting roles
- High level of initiative, leadership, and good
- Superior communication skills
- Strong human relations skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar business
products, suppliers, and customers
- Broad understanding of accounting and business
processes and systems
employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or
will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F,
J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside
of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.