Job Title: Senior IT Analyst - Technical Infrastructure
Salary: £45,800 - £56,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Private Medical (employee only), Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Hours: Full Time - 37.50
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: 31 May 2020
Job Reference: 200002J2
Interviews: via video link
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company. You power is our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
At Caterpillar, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment that values and respects the unique talents, experiences and viewpoints of our global employees. Our vision is to continually develop the Best Team to build innovative solutions for our global customers, deliver superior results for our stockholders and positively impact the people and communities we serve.
As a Senior IT Analyst you will provide IT Infrastructure technology leadership in the development of detailed system solutions for major business/infrastructure and/or development, integration and implementation projects. You apply systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, and by providing assistance to less experienced analysts in the design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized automated information technology systems or infrastructure component implementation projects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager, as do other staff jobs in application systems and technical infrastructure sections. Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned development projects. Power BI Development: The developer is responsible for designing and developing integration processes between internal data sources as well as between internal and external data sources. The individual will work very closely with business analysts and data architects to ensure the requirements are well understood and to develop integration processes
that maximize the level of automation of the data-acquisition process. He/she will participate in all phases of the project and development life cycle, from business requirements through logical modeling, physical mapping, data sourcing, data transformation, data loading, and performance tuning.
1. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development/deployment assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
2. Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and Infrastructure technology leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
3. Works directly on complex technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
4. Works independently on complex infrastructure technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems;
5. Deploys or integrates infrastructure technology components based on requirements gathered from customers;
6. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
7. Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others;
8. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions;
9. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
10. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
11. Typically serves as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Previous experience with various forms of data modeling (relational and star scheme, semantic layer design, and development)
Demonstrated experience working hands-on with Power BI dashboards (with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, standardization)
Experience in BI tools (Tableau)
Top Candidates will also have:
Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability and performance
Exposure to Gateway services and handling user and app security.
Understand the underlying data and able to map the same with the dashboard.
Creation of Power BI dashboard and transforming the manual reports, support Power BI dashboard deployment.
The hiring manager sits out of Milwaukee, WI.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.