Provides IT Infrastructure technology leadership in the development of detailed system solutions for major business/infrastructure and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Applies systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, and by providing assistance to less experienced analysts in the design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized automated information technology systems or infrastructure component implementation projects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to an IT Supervisor, Senior IT Supervisor or IT Manager, as do other staff jobs in application systems and technical infrastructure sections. Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned development projects. Power BI Development: The developer is responsible for designing and developing integration processes between internal data sources as well as between internal and external data sources. The individual will work very closely with business analysts and data architects to ensure the requirements are well understood and to develop integration processes
that maximize the level of automation of the data-acquisition process. He/she will participate in all phases of the project and development life cycle, from business requirements through logical modeling, physical mapping, data sourcing, data transformation, data loading, and performance tuning.
1. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development/deployment assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
2. Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and Infrastructure technology leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
3. Works directly on complex technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
4. Works independently on complex infrastructure technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems;
5. Deploys or integrates infrastructure technology components based on requirements gathered from customers;
6. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
7. Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others;
8. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions;
9. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
10. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
11. Typically serves as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects.
3+ years of experience with various forms of data modeling (relational and star scheme, semantic layer design, and development)
3+ years of experience working hands-on with Power BI dashboards (with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, standardization)
Experience in BI tools (Tableau)
Top Candidates will also have:
Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability and performance
Exposure to Gateway services and handling user and app security.
Understand the underlying data and able to map the same with the dashboard.
Creation of Power BI dashboard and transforming the manual reports, support Power BI dashboard deployment.
The hiring manager sits out of Milwaukee, WI. This position can be worked remotely anywhere Globally.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.