This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2020
The Cat® Digital group is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, advanced analytics, and ML/AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world. To accomplish this, we’re deploying analytics that generate insights, recommend optimized decisions, and improve products by intelligently integrating massive quantities of telematics information, transactional records, images, unstructured documents, and other data sources.
Cat Digital’s IoT Analytics team is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Data Scientist to develop and deliver ML/AI-based analytics models to support product development for the enterprise as well as condition monitoring for customers. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will use machine learning, deep learning, neural networks, and other analytics techniques on time-series machine sensor data to better understand data patterns, failure modes, device health anomalies, etc.
Example projects include:
• Applying Machine Learning to time-series data sets
• Classifying machine health and failure modes
• Developing new anomaly detection solutions
• Exploring new analytic techniques to improve issue detection accuracy and reduce false positives
• Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, data science, statistics, operations research, econometrics, finance, computer science, or in mathematical areas of physics, electrical and mechanical engineering
• Strong expertise in Machine Learning/AI and their application to data modeling and analysis and good knowledge of the latest academic developments in this field
• 2 + years of advanced analytics work experience or its equivalent (post-doc) working with large datasets (focus on time-series analysis is preferred) and advanced algorithms
TOP CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Publications in the field of ML/AI
• Demonstrated capability to take initiative and lead in the presence of ambiguity to deliver innovative solutions
• Strategic thinking capability to develop and communicate a clear and compelling vision for analytics
• Strong python programming skills
• Experience building or working with the popular cloud data and analytics platforms (such as AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience operating in Agile environment
• Experience working with software developers
• Understanding of the Internet of Things
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers