At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Human Resources/Labor Relations Manager for Distribution Center Operations.
Product Support and Logistics Division
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
As a HR/LR Manager you will manage and contribute to the development and administration of human resources policies and procedures and be actively involved in the joint strategic leadership of Division issues. The role is both strategic and hands on supporting our Morton Operations team. The Morton Distribution Center is Caterpillar’s largest distribution center in the world.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as strategic, trusted business advisor to the General Manager and operations leadership
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR
- Utilize a hands-on approach with the ability to successfully monitor the ‘pulse’ of the employees to ensure a high level of employee experience
- Represent the Morton facility in central and local contract negotiations with the union; provide direction on potential arbitration cases
- Ability to create and drive effective employee and leadership development programs, employee relations, and retention programs
- Develop, monitor and report on human resources activities, metrics and analysis that will show trends. Use data insights to make recommendations to improve organizational performance
- Provide employment and personnel services including hiring new employees, administering benefits, providing appropriate training, and ensuring a safe work environment
- Engage with local community and establish partnerships
- Lead special assignments and other projects, which meet the strategic needs of the business
- Lead a team of human resource and labor relations professionals
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Provide support on off shifts when needed
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
Top candidate will also have:
- Extensive background in the following human resources areas: labor relations, employee benefits, compensation, employment practices, employee development, and training with a working knowledge of operations.
- A college or university degree
- 6 to 8 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Strong solutions focus and comfortable working in an environment which demands deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive solutions
- Labor relations experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Previous experience working with production workforce
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with focus on results
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work
- Strong work ethic and desire for excellence
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Able to interact with all levels in the organization
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
This position is located in Morton, IL. Relocation is available.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer such as H, L, TN, F, J, E and O. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.