As a Logistics Center Manager, you will manage a small-sized logistics center to ensure efficient, high degree of client satisfaction and timely processing and distribution of parts for the Logistics Division. Direct reports typically may include Distribution Supervisor, Assistant Manager, HR Assistant, Operations Support Staff, Office Supervisor, and/or Administrative Office Assistant. This position is primarily responsible for meeting client needs, managing client relationships and achieving profitability objectives for the various client accounts while providing leadership focused on a positive work culture.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Managing operations to ensure client service levels and financial targets (costs, budgets, variable margin and before-tax profit) are achieved. Managing distribution operation processes which include but are not limited to receiving, storage, kitting, sub-assembly, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inspection, inventory counts, supplier scheduling, returns and related functions to provide shipping and receiving accuracy and inventory reconciliation and makes warranty decisions on defective material relating to the percentage of usability remaining.
* Working with management team to develop/review operational procedures and quality plans to ensure the operation complies with local government requirements. Developing and implementing operations changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency. Providing direction and guidance for continuous quality improvements, develops and implements operation changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency utilizing 6 Sigma methodology and resources.
* Working with HR manager, when appropriate, to recruit, select, develop and train staff. Preparing SMART goal objectives. If operating in a union facility, partnering with HR manager to participate in labor contract negotiations and administer that agreement with the hourly workforce. If non-Union facility, working closely with HR Assistant, Corporate HR to advance positive management initiatives. Promoting/supporting day-to-day operational and safety issues with support of management team. Working closely with management team to determine methods to monitor the facility for security, maintain the property and provide janitorial service. Purchasing and maintaining equipment and vehicles and purchases office and storeroom supplies.
* Developing and managing within the annual Business Plan to meet client needs and satisfaction, ensuring contractual performance standards are met and financial targets including Sales, Profit, Availability and ROA are achieved. Building a relationship with the client(s) and the community. Becoming a strategic business partner and growing/developing his/her facility in line with Logistics Division strategies/vision.
* University degree or equivalent experience and a broad background in all aspects of warehouse operations
* Good human relations and communications (oral and written) skills
* Three to five years of related logistics’ or other relevant experience
* Previous warehouse management or supervisory experience
* Assembly, manufacturing and/or planning experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.